These Basic Life Support (BLS) courses, taught by Liz Jorn and Jana Arabas of the Truman State University Department of Health and Exercise Sciences, are designed to help people recognize and respond to several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
The course includes the following for an adult, child, and infant:
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- Differences between rescue techniques
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED
- Bag-mask techniques
- Rescue breathing
- Relief of choking
- Cost: $60 – Includes all instruction, materials, and 2 year certification with the American Heart Association
Payment: Participants pay their registration fee online at the time of registration.
Upcoming Session Dates:
- Sunday, March 22 from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday, March 30 from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Monday, April 13 from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 14 from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Thursday, April 23 from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Location: Truman State University Health Sciences Building Room 1206 (CPR Lab)
Important Notice: Sessions with fewer than 12 registrants may be cancelled.
Important Notice: Due to the preparatory costs instigated by each participant’s registration, registrants who fail to attend their chosen session are still obligated to pay the registration fee. Those who fail to attend the initial session for which they had registered will also be obligated to pay the registration fee for each subsequent session they register to attend. This policy applies equally to departments paying the registration fees of University employees.
If you are unable to attend your training, please notify us as soon as possible but no later than 72 hours prior to that date or you will not receive a refund.